Thursday, 14 August 2014

Yet Another Book Tag Post
(is anybody sick of these yet?)

I saw this one on a few different blogs and couldn't resist so..
     
  1. What is your favourite book?  That's such a hard question. My favourite book changes the more I read. But I guess if I really have to narrow it down, I'll say Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. That book totally changed my life, as clich├ęd as that sounds.
  2. Who is your favourite author?  Probably Stephen King. I've loved every book of his that I've read. I have pretty much one whole bookcase of his books. My ultimate reading goal is to read everything he's ever written.
  3. What genre do you prefer?  I'm not really fussy to be honest. I do love horror and fantasy but I like to dabble in crime every now and then and anything that involves an apocalypse or a dystopian setting is a must-read for me. I have a bit of a thing for YA fiction as well. I think maybe because it's so different to the teenage fiction that was around when I was a teen.
  4. What is your favourite book series?  It would have to be the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. If I could never read any other books, I could probably be happy to just read that series over and over in a never ending loop. 
  5. What books did you hate reading in school?  I found most of the books I had to read for school completely dull. Luckily, I read veraciously of my own accord and found a tonne of books I did like.
  6. What is the first book you remember reading as a child?  Probably a kids book called Five Minutes Peace about the Large Family. Mum just wants five minutes alone time to take a bath but she can't seem to find it in her house full of kids. That was my favourite book for years!
  7. Bookstores or libraries?  I love libraries but I do love owning the books I read so I'll probably say bookstores.
  8. How many books do you own?  Too many to count.                                                                                                                                                                          

  9. Do you read before bed?   I usually read a chapter or two of whichever ebook I'm reading at the time (my tablet has a backlight which is the reason I read the ebook in bed rather than a physical book)
  10. What is your most comfortable reading position?  Usually curled up on the sofa.
  11. What is the most recent book you read?  I recently finished an advance copy of a New Adult book called Rival by Penelope Douglas.
  12. What quote from any book will you never forget? Why is it significant?  "Everything's plastic" from Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel.
  13. Science Fiction or Fantasy?  Fantasy.
  14. What books do you regret reading?  I never regret a book. Even if it's bad, it will have taught me something about writing, so it's all good.
  15. How large is your bookshelf?  I have four bookcases, all different sizes and all full to bursting.
  16. On average, how many books do you read per year?  It depends on my mood and my health but somewhere between 30 and 70.
  17. What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?  Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld or The Secret History by Donna Tartt.
  18. Do you like to read outside?  I'll read anywhere. I always have a book or my kindle with me.
  19. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a book?  That life goes on even when you think the future is too bleak to happen.
  20. Of the past year, what is the greatest book you’ve read?  Possibly Marisha Pessl's latest novel, Night Film.
If any of you guys fancy doing this tag then consider yourself tagged. I'd love to read your answers :)

4 comments:

  1. Sophie's World messed me up, I found it sooooo complicated. I still don't know if I "get" it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean. I first read it when I was 13 and it totally threw me. I looked at the world completely differently. After reading it like three more times as a teen and as an adult I think I get it more now but it's definitely a crazy book!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this. Five Minutes Peace was a childhood fave of mine too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah for cute elephant books!
      xxx

      Delete

I <3 feedback so if you want to make me smile, leave me a comment
x