Sunday, 9 March 2014

What I've Been Reading :: A Feast For Crows

The fact that this is only my third book of 2014 is frustrating. I'm hoping I can speed things up a little in March. I actually finished this book on the last day of February but I've been slacking a bit with my blogging lately and I'm only just getting around to writing this today.

I love the Song of Ice and Fire books, I really do but I'll admit that A Feast For Crows was nowhere near as good as the previous books in the series. I don't know whether it has anything to do with the fact that some of my favourite characters were barely mentioned, if they were mentioned at all. I mean, come on, where were Tyrian and Daenarys? I need to know what's happening with them, man! 

I found myself really struggling to stick with this instalment and see it through to the end. There were times were I went a week without reading a word and others where I forced myself to plow through several chapters at a time in the hopes that it got better.

I was definitely disappointed with this book, so luckily it ended with a few cliffhangers that are making me want to get started on the next volume (although I definitely need a few months break before I do!)

Did anyone else struggle with this book or is it just me?

I don't really have much else to say about the book so this is a bit of a crappy, half hearted review. I always find it's hard to review a book in the middle of a series without either alienating the people who haven't read the series or accidentally slipping into the realm of spoilers. So I'll keep this short and sweet. Not the best book in the series but sadly, one you have to read if you want to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 feedback so if you want to make me smile, leave me a comment
x