Thursday, 27 February 2014

What I've been watching...

I've been meaning to write this post for a while now and then I forget and the list grows longer and I forget again and well you get the picture.. So here's some of the things I've been watching lately.

#1:: Speed
source
This was part of my 52 films challenge and I'll admit I was in two minds about watching it. On the one hand, I don't generally love these kinds of films but on the other, I adore Sandra Bullock. I actually loved this film. It was interesting enough to keep me glued to the screen and there was just the right amount of humour.

#2:: Terminator 2: Judgement Day
You know what? For someone who doesn't like action films I seem to be watching a whole bunch of them lately and actually enjoying them to boot. There's not much to say about this one except that it was kind of weird seeing Arnie as the good guy. This was also another film ticked off my 52 films list.

#3:: Mrs Doubtfire
source
One of my all time favourite films. This was on TV last weekend while I was trying to read my book. Needless to say, I put down my book and laughed at the lines I've heard hundreds of times.

#4:: Hours
source
This is a heartbreaking film set during Hurricane Katrina. Trapped in a hospital with no one to help him, a new father attempts to keep his baby daughter alive. I bawled like a baby at the end of this film. It's a tense film that really pulls at the heart strings. Go and watch it now.

#5:: Breaking Bad Season 1 and 2
I can't believe I've only just discovered this series! After seeing so much about it on the internet, we decided to treat ourselves to the boxset of seasons 1, 2 and 3 (currently on offer in HMV for £20). I'm hooked. We're part way through season 2 and I just love the whole set up of the show. Plus I love the whole chemistry aspect of it. It's geeky in a cool way.

#6:: Orange is the New Black
source
After hearing great things about this, we decided to sign up to Netflix for a free month just so we could watch it. We devoured the whole series in less than 48 hours. I think I may just be in love with Alex. This is a great show and I am so desperate for season 2 to be released. I think the only way to describe this is Oz meets The L Word. Even that doesn't do it justice.

I've also been watching some cool shows each week on TV. Season 2 of The Following, season 4 of The Walking Dead, season 1 of a show called Helix which kind of has some dodgy acting but an intriguing storyline and series 2 of My Mad, Fat Diary. I think I may be a TV addict!

4 comments:

  1. Great choices....
    I keep meaning to start watching Breaking Bad....I will get round to it one day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaking Bad is awesome. You should definitely give it a go :) xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Speed. You should watch Speed 2 when you get a chance if you liked the first one!
    And I really want to start watching Orange is the New Black! Everyone's raving about it!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking is so cool, I love it.

    http://cocodrizzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I <3 feedback so if you want to make me smile, leave me a comment
x