Sunday, 3 November 2013

NaNoWriMo

Jazz likes to make sure I'm meeting my word count for the day!
So, it's November and that can only mean one thing :: NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month for those of you sane enough to avoid the craziness that is writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

For three years now I've promised myself I'd do NaNoWriMo and each year I've got maybe three days in without even writing anything and decided "screw it, this just isn't for me" and given up. But this year, I'm on sick leave (yeah, I haven't actually told you guys about this but I've been off work since July and will be until at least December) and have all the time in the world to sit at my laptop and throw words onto the screen. 

And so, in an act of lunacy that could cost me my sanity (whether I actually have any sanity is, as always in question!) I'm attempting to finally write my novel this month. We're three days in now and I've just hit the 7,000 mark, which is really good. I'm hoping I can reach 10k by the end of today, which will really put me ahead of myself in terms of how many words I need to have written at this point in order to complete my goal.

Anyway, this was just a quick post to let you guys know I'm still alive and while I might not be around so much this month I haven't forgotten my little blog, I'm just immersed in another project.

If any of you are doing NaNo this year, or you just fancy seeing what it's all about then you can find my profile here. Feel free to buddy me or send me a message, I'm always up for chatting about writing.

I hope you're all well and having a great Sunday xx

1 comment:

  1. this is so exciting! xx

    ps: Jazz is so prettttttttyyyyyyy! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I <3 feedback so if you want to make me smile, leave me a comment
x