Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Reading Round-up :: September


#55: 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' by J. K. Rowling :: I'd forgotten just how good this installment is. This is definitely where the series begins to take a darker turn. (4/5)

#56: 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' by J. K. Rowling :: Another awesome visit to Hogwarts. (5/5)

#57: 'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green :: This guy is the master of the tear-jerker. You might want to read this with a box of tissues close to hand. (5/5)

#58: 'My Fat, Mad Teenage Diary' by Rae Earl :: A perfectly British romp through the life of 1980s teenage life (4/5)

Four books this month. I could have done better but I'm not gonna beat myself up about it. I'm 18 books over my goal of reading 40 books in 2013 so the books I read now are just a bonus.

This month I also decided to cast aside two books I've been struggling with for a few months. The first is 'NOS4R2' by Joe Hill. It's not that it's a bad book, it's just that I've been reading it so damn slowly that I'm not as interested as I should be. So I've decided that to do it justice, it's best if I set it aside for now and begin again when I feel more excited by it.

The other book I'm putting to one side is 'The Book of Woe' by Gary Greenberg. It's an interesting book about the making of the DSM but I just don't have the brainpower right now to focus on it so I'll revisit it when I do.

There's a few books I'm excited to read in October. I'm already part way into the sixth Harry Potter book and I have a couple of John Green books I can't wait to read.

What have you guys been reading this month? Do you have any recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. I've been rereading the Harry Potter books recently! Absolutely love them <3 xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read them years ago but watched the films recently and just couldn't resist digging out my copies of the books. I really had forgotten how good they are xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry is my go to comfort book. If I feel I need a light read I just pick up any book at any page & feel as though I am walking down a corridor at Hogwarts. Never. Gets. Old. xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely comfort books. They feel so familiar. I feel like they're good Autumn reads for some reason. Maybe it's the whole back to school thing. xx

      Delete

I <3 feedback so if you want to make me smile, leave me a comment
x