Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Getting Creative

So, I don't know if any of you remember but way back at the start of the year (that feels so, so long ago!), I posted a list of goals for 2013. One of those goals was to learn and develop some drawing skills. Well, this last few months I've had the opportunity to attend an art group at something called The Fountain Project on the Wirral. The group meets every Tuesday from 10.30 - 12.00 and is run by a lovely artist bloke called Ken. It's a group for people of all abilities. There are people like me who have zero artistic experience and there are others who have been to art school. And of course, there are plenty of people who fall somewhere in the middle.

It's a fun couple of hours where we all put our problems and difficulties out of our minds and try and create something beautiful. To begin with I was really nervous, didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing but after a few sessions, I kind of got my head around the fact that there are no real rules when it comes to art. And as a result I've found myself able to experiment with a few different pieces that I'm pretty happy with. And so, I'm going to be brave and share with you what I've produced. Be kind, I'm only a beginner!

The first piece I did - a drawing with some collage added. I worked from the photograph on the left.
I thought it might be fun to give some newspaper images a bit of a make-over.
I guess I was having feminist thoughts the day I made this collage.
The severe migraines I've been suffering lately inspired this collage
My first attempt at "proper" drawing. I tried to copy the image on the left.
I've actually found the whole experience interesting. I like the way you can represent the inner workings of your mind with art. And I'm actually beginning to think up ideas for things I want to do. I'm also itching to try out some new techniques. So far I haven't been brave enough to dabble in paint of any kind but I think I'm ready to experiment. I'll let you know the results...

4 comments:

  1. Your art work is wonderful. I particularly love the lighthouse image. Oh and the 'I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar' is brilliant. You should be so proud of these pieces. :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really improved! I like those sketches and collages. 2013 is nearly over and I didn't achieve anything great. It's such a shame, I think D:

    ♥Maho
    www.bitt3r-suess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I think this year has gone far too fast. There are a lot of things I wanted to achieve that I haven't managed so far. But there's always next year :)
      x

      Delete

I <3 feedback so if you want to make me smile, leave me a comment
x